Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spring Training Practice .... OR BUST

Well yesterday turned out to be a disappointment. 

Firefighter (my boyfriend) and I got up, got dressed in our Rays attire and packed our car and headed down to Port Charlotte to watch the Rays practice. I was all atwitter with anticipation and excitement. I felt like a giddy little kid. 

Until we got to the park....

We arrived late. 

30 minutes late...thereby missing practice. (commence heartbreak and disappointment)

On the way back to the car a woman who had arrived early shared with me the autographed batting glove she received from Matt Joyce!!!! I happen to be a Matt Joyce fan, so that was particularly upsetting to me, but totally AWESOME for her. Later in the day, I found out via twitter that all the players signed autographs yesterday... double whammy bummer.



SOOOO..... Firefighter and I headed home and made plans to attend the first squad workout tomorrow.  Hopefully we will get some autographs. And we are leaving at 7am tomorrow so as to avoid any chance of missing them!!! Lesson has been learned!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment